Saying Yes To The Chain Reaction Of Faith..Ryan Goeken

R “yan, I have devoted you to Myself.” What’s that you say, God? You can just do that? Don’t I get to choose?

It turns out He chose me, and in doing so, He was inviting me to choose Him and devote myself to Him at a deeper level. I already knew this, but He was reminding me. He was reminding me because I wasn’t believing it or acting it out in faith. He was telling me “I’ve devoted you to my worship, so now devote yourself to my worship.” I took this to heart. I started believing and declaring that worship is what I was meant for. I started to really believe that I am a worshiper.

You see, our life of faith is a two-way street. God declares our identity and purpose, and then we get to respond by believing, declaring, and acting out our calling. What started as a “yes” in my heart, became a “yes” in my mind, and is becoming a “yes” in my life. It’s the chain reaction of faith.

 Since I met Jesus, I’ve wanted to be a worshiper of Him. And, surprise — I always have been! I have also developed a longing to serve and equip the Church. I want to help beautify the Bride of Christ and make her presentable to the Lord.

 I’ve needed a little help to walk out this calling, however. Fortunately I found Incubator Creative Group during one of those “random” (i.e. God-inspired) internet searches we all do when we’re lying on the couch waiting for the rain to stop. While developing a relationship with Incubator, I found their company was not a profit-driven record label. They were something much more.
They wanted to walk with me and assist me in faithfully walking out my call, all while helping me to steward my resources and act wisely. I love that Nate and Tami (President/CEO of Incubator and Executive VP of Incubator, respectively) are focused on sustainability. They want my ministry to flourish and thrive in the present, but also prosper for a very long time. And isn’t that what God wants, anyways?  If my ministry were unsustainable and fleeting, what kind of a representation of the kingdom would that be?

 I also love that Incubator is not denominationally exclusive. I will have the ability to minister to people throughout the entire Church in my area. The first half of Ephesians chapter 4 explains that God has given gifts to each person for the edification of the Church. This edification will result in a united Body that grows to “the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” We’re not going to grow into the fullness of Christ separately. We each need each other’s gifts and expressions so that together, as one Church, we will display the fullness of Jesus to the Earth and be a strong and beautiful Bride on the day we are presented to Jesus.

Incubator has been showing me many different, concrete ways I can express the ministry within my heart, as well. I have always known that my ministry is not contained fully within my music, but I have had some trouble translating this anointing to other media outside of music. There is so much potential for the revelation of God to be shared in so many different ways! Finally, in Incubator, I have someone who holds me accountable to truly walking in faith and living my identity and calling. They remind me of the “yes” in my heart and help me translate it into a “yes” in my actions. And this is exactly what I am trying to do: say “yes” to Jesus with my life.