Felicia Rives and Incubator



Continuing the Journey

Many of us can recall those difficult seasons of our life when we felt as if there was no way we could be able to survive another day.  A few years ago as I walked through my own dark season, I began to learn what it means to totally depend on and lean on God to honor His faithful words.  Even in the midst of having total chaos around me, this also became a very pivotal season as I began to learn more about the music ministry gifts that were on the inside of me. I found comfort in putting God's word to melodies.  With the completion of my first CD in front of me, my friends and family supported me as I launched out into my own music ministry.  Doors began to open for me as I won several songwriting awards and had several ministry opportunities.  But even with all of the doors opening for me, I found it difficult to really find my “niche” in the music industry.  It felt as if my ministry gifts were always being compared to what other artists brought to the table.  Desperately looking for that avenue where I could be “me”, I found that the frustrations eventually got the best of me.  After a couple of years and numerous disappointments, I was no longer enjoying the ministry journey.

Just recently, over the past year or so I started feeling a tug in my heart and sensed that it was time to work on my music ministry again.  At this point in my life, my days are already heavily consumed with family, career and the ministry at my local church – so much that I couldn't even figure out how I would be able to get a ministry like this off the ground and running again.  I needed help; I needed some sort of partnership that would help me put my feet on the ground and once again begin walking in the ministry gifts that are on the inside of me. 

I often receive emails from those who want to help inspiring artists promote their music.  I had trained myself to ignore these emails so I was surprised when I hesitated to delete an email from “Tami at the Incubator”.  Something inside of me wanted to know more about this company and see if they could possibly be the help I was looking for.  After listening to some of the introductory material that was offered, I began the training process and quickly found that the Incubator principles clicked with me.  As a result of pursuing the music industry for several years, I was trained to focus on the “music” part of music ministry.  Through the training I received from the Incubator, I learned that it was better to focus on the “ministry” aspect more than just the “music”.  Years of pursuing the music industry left me fatigued – tired of trying to become someone that I thought the labels would want.  The Incubator offered an alternative where this competitive burden was lifted off of my shoulders.  I really began to embrace the ministry gifts that are inside of me, and understand that there are others around me that are blessed when I operate in these gifts.

After listening to the training material, I felt very good about the road that I was on with the Incubator.  As I daily prayed concerning my music ministry, I asked God to confirm the partnership I was about to make with the Incubator Group.  Days later I had totally forgotten about the prayer when a coworker stopped me to ask me what I was doing with my music ministry.  He encouraged me to step out with my gifts because there are others that need to experience the ministry inside of me.  He mentioned that he wanted me to check out an email someone sent to him.  He also mentioned that he normally didn't forward emails but he felt good about this company and wanted me to check it out.  I did not think I would be interested since I was already in the process of partnering with the Incubator Group but I asked him to pass it along.  To my surprise, I went to open the email and it read “from Tami at the Incubator”.  I think everyone down the hall heard me laugh!  I felt that this was God's way of confirming what I was already feeling about this partnership and in the next few days I officially became an artist on the Incubator roster.  I am extremely excited about the plans God has in store for me and everyone else that will get to share this journey with me.  I am excited about continuing the music ministry journey once again.